about us

A social group of dedicated fly fishers who are passionate about fly fishing in the tropical north of Australia and equally as passionate about the close camaraderie this sport brings. This passion and dedication led to the creation of the NT Flyfishers Social Mob blog site; an interactive and creative outlet where everyone can share our wonderful fly fishing adventures and link into the “after fishing” social events we enjoy in this incredible part of the world.

Thursday 2 May 2013

Bynoe harbour



Spent the week at Crab Claw,lots of Barra and some big Threadfin, I'm a bit concerned that some of my fish have flash burns from a camera.

At the last gathering Wayne Williams gave me a" barra a cast fly" he tied that afternoon,well I don't know about the Barra a Cast bit but it worked pretty good and also accounted for a few good Threadfin.

Wayne and I have discussed some changes for different scenarios, I predict its legendary status from here.

Went out the last two days, late afternoon lows pretty dirty water, I did notice a lot more bigger barra returning to the estuary, unfortunately the two people with me were nowhere near up to the task at hand, still,  I will be back.

I'm off to oversee the Arnhamland Barramundi Nature lodge for a week, Dotty is flying in to fish with me the last few days. Last time I was there I got 40 good fish the first day, will post an outcome when I get back

 Everyone should hit Bynoe Flats this weekend, 8am and 9am, 3.0m lows are excellent for cruising a lot of shallows, and slow enough to give plenty of shots as it rises, especially getting in under the trees and a bit of  good roll casting.

Good spots to fish.. Drift of Dreams, Observation City, the West gutters of Hope,The Neverfail
and that doesn't work Save your Arse Rockbar. Although Jenifer Hawkins flat did pretty well the further I went up it on Weds.

Cheers Graeme.










UPDATE


Yeah, thanks!  Very helpful, but none of those places show up in the fishfinder?, and google brings up a heap of disturbing images.
  




2 comments:

  1. Handy hints Graeme, like Cathy said, if you know the code!! They sound like nice places! In otherwords get the hell out there and have a go right? Happy days on the Liverpool.

    Do we get to see the legendary fly?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell of an insight... Something to aspire too.

    ReplyDelete