about us

A social group of dedicated fly fishers who are passionate about fly fishing in the tropical north of Australia and equally as passionate about the close camaraderie this sport brings. This passion and dedication led to the creation of the NT Flyfishers Social Mob blog site; an interactive and creative outlet where everyone can share our wonderful fly fishing adventures and link into the “after fishing” social events we enjoy in this incredible part of the world.

Saturday 8 March 2014

Goldens busting up Darwin foreshore

Can't make next Saturday, but will definitely be on water next Sunday for those interested.
East arm ramp 1/2 hour before dawn, head to weed reef first thing, then west arm or foreshore depending on wind. See you on water

Here is a little of what I did the last outing on Darwin harbour 

I had an hour or two recently along the Darwin foreshore targeting 50-60cm queenfish and small mackerel 
Then the water started frothing near what I thought was a large black rock - "hey that rock is moving!"
So I put on my new head cam and moved over to the dark mass in the water.

I have fly fished most places species and conditions in the last thirty years and yet this little bit of action turned me in to a blubbering, tangle mess like when I was a beginner catching his first fish. Loved it! 
Such was the adrenaline rush I was Rushing every cast so it landed in a mess tangling with line stripped around everything on the boat.

Panic stations to the max! Very funny and glad Roger wasn't there to bag me out!

Here is the link to a few highlights of a half hour chasing this moving black rock.


Golden trevally busting up darwin foreshore

1 comment:

  1. Mate, great video clip, I'm glad to see that I am not the only one that gets too excited, is that a new boat?

    ReplyDelete